Universitatea Babeș-Bolyai din Cluj-Napoca (UBB) has announced that “Oncological Institute “Prof. Dr. Ion Chiricuţă” Cluj-Napoca in partnership with our university and the UBB Union organizes the free Pap smear test campaign for all women aged 24-29 or HPV for all women aged 30-64.”
The tests, starting from January, will be available on the ground floor of the Căminului Studențesc Sport XXI (Sport XXI Student Dormitory) located at Strada Pandurilor 7, Cluj-Napoca 400535, and when performed regularly, is the best way to prevent cervical cancer.
The tests help doctors assess the extent to which there is a risk that the patient could evelop cancer. If the HPV test comes out positive, then typically, further investigation is needed, however this is at the discretion of a specialist doctor.
In order to be eligible for the tests, those wishing to be tested must:
- Be registered as living in one of the counties: Cluj, Bihor, Bistrița-Năsăud, Maramureș, Satu-Mare, Sălaj
- Age between 29-24 years for the Pap test
- Age between 30-64 years for HPV test
- No total hysterectomy
- Without a confirmed diagnosis of cervical cancer
- Insured or uninsured
It is not necessary to have a referral to be eligible for a testing.
- Tuesday from 9AM through 1PM
- Wednesday from 12 AM through 4PM
- Thursday from 9AM through 1PM