Cluj-Napoca mayor, Emil Boc, revealed that Ștefan cel Mare Park – known to the people of Cluj as “Mica Promenadă” – is being transformed by an extensive revitalisation project.
With an area of over 1.2 hectares, the park located in Ştefan cel Mare Square includes the esplanade and the green spaces related to the Cluj-Napoca National Theater building.
The site was handed over to the builder, and the start order will be issued in the next period.
Through this project, the park next to the Cluj-Napoca National Theater will be modernised and one which rises to the requirements of a quality and efficient public space, as well as a favourable setting for spending free time.
The new layout offers the possibility of organising small events and festivities in a multifunctional space.
The project involves planting 64 new trees, in addition to existing ones. According to the technical expertise, it was proposed to replace 9 physiologically compromised trees that pose a danger to citizens.
The park revitalisation project proposes the following:
- modernisation of the alleys, creation of a single car access for intervention cars and emergency vehicles;
- removal of degraded trees and shrubs (physiologically compromised) and their replacement with new trees and shrubs, lawning and planting of new species of perennials;
- construction of interconnected pedestrian and bicycle accesses;
- rack for bicycles with grassed tiles;
- location of lighting fixtures with projectors;
- installation of the automated irrigation system;
- the installation of underground recycling waste containers;
- automatic toilet with facilities for people with disabilities;
- arranging 3 playgrounds for children, with rubberised surfaces, devices made of wood and ecological material;
The execution term is 10 months from the moment of issuing the order to start the works. The value of the contract is 9,786,096.19 lei without VAT.