The president recently announced that from October 25th, 2021, new COVID-19 restrictions would be in place at a national level in order to help combat the growing the numbers of cases, hospitalisations and deaths connected with the infection.
Restrictions enter into force from Monday for 30 days, regardless of the incident rate. Access to all activities and events is only permitted to those who are vaccinated or who are between the 15th and 180th day of a positive COVID-19 test result. This is also the case for access to all central and local public institutions and economic operators housed in private office buildings and will be required to prove their vaccination status or evidence that they do not have COVID-19 (through a certified test) and those who have already passed through the disease, which is considered anybody between 15th to 180th day of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
Children who are under 12 years old, are not required to have a COVID-19 Green Certificate, but must be accompanied by an adult who has.
City halls and other public buildings are instructed to set up a location for paying taxes or obtaining certificates for those who do not satisfy the criteria for generating a Green Certificate.
The “Green Certificate” is the method chosen by the government, that will be used to verify the status of vaccination, tests or having been infected with the virus and must be carried out by the staff of the venue / service.
It is not permitted for economic operators to retain any data or documents that were used.
Access is to be prohibited if the individual does not present a valid COVID-19 Green Certificate or if the certificate is the result of rapid testing or RT-PCR testing.
The request to present and verification of identity cards is only permitted by the authorities such as, Police, Gendarmerie, SDDSU / IGSU Inspectors. The use of falsified or borrowed “Green Certificates” is considered a crime and will result in a criminal case being filed.
In the event that an individual is from a country who do not issue EU COVID-19 Digital Certificates or documents, they will be required to provide proof of vaccination, testing or proof of passing through the disease, issued by their country and presented in English.
You can view the list of participating states and countries here.
Details of Restrictions
All of the below restrictions are in addition to existing restrictions imposed in Cluj-Napoca, where the incident rate remains above 7.5/1000. For restrictions which are more relaxed than those already in place within the city, the point below is to be considered invalid, as the existing restriction in place supersedes it.
- Masks must cover nose and mouth
- Mandatory in both open and closed public spaces
- Mandatory on Public Transport
- Mandatory in the workplace
The following people are exempted from the requirement of wearing a mask:
- Children under the age of 5 years old
- When they are the only person in a office
- TV Presenters and their guests, providing a distance of at least 3 meters between people
- Representatives of religious demonstrations during the conduct of services, providing there is at least a distance of 3 meters
- People who perform intense physical or demanding work activity (such as high temperatures or high humidity etc.)
- Those conducting sport activities
The restrictions below, do not apply to individuals who have completed the full vaccination program and that at least 10 days have passed or those who have passed through the infection and are between the 15th and 180th day of the positive COVID-19 test. Evidence of vaccination or test is demonstrated through a COVID-19 vaccination certificate or printed QR code.
Unvaccinated people and even those who have completed a COVID-19 test are subject to the restrictions below, between the hours of 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM:
- Obligated to generate a “Statement of Own Responsibility” (Download Here).
- Travel for only the following reasons:
- Travel for work and able to present a service card or certificate issued by the employer
- Travel for medical assistance which cannot be postponed or performed remotely
- Travel for for the purchase of medicines that cannot be postponed or delivered
- Those travelling to a pre-arranged departure, such as bus, train or coach, which can supported by a ticket or booking pass
- Travel for vaccination
- The care or accompaniment of a child
- Providing assistance to the elderly, sick or disabled person
- The death of a family member
- To protect life or to prevent injury in the case of serious and imminent danger and calling the emergency services (112)
- Organising the work schedule for remote work for at least 50% of employees
Stores and Services
- People are permitted to enter grocery stores and pharmacies without a “Green Certificate”
- Children are permitted to enter grocery stores and pharmacies without a “Green Certificate” only when accompanied by an adult who has a green certificate
- Stores are open between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM. After 9:00 PM, only home delivery is permitted
- Limit of 30% capacity both indoors and outdoors for events organised and carried out by:
- Book Stores
- Film and AV production studios
- Performance / Concert institutions
- Art and Craft Schools
- Gyms and Fitness Venues
- Gambling Venues
- Indoor Swimming Pools
- Playgrounds for Children
- Game Rooms
- Fairs and Markets
Pharmacies, gas stations, home delivery services, couriers and public transport drivers may carry out activities in compliance with the health and sanitation norms.
Private events, such as weddings, baptisms and festive meals, etc. are not allowed.
Bars and Clubs
Closed for 30 days
Restaurants, Cafes and Terraces
Access is only permitted between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM and only to those who have been fully vaccinated or have passed through the disease. Evidence will be requested in order to access the venue or facilities.
Competitions and Sports Activities
- Can take place but without spectators
- Recreational activities can take place outdoors with up to 10 people who do not live together
- Only people who have been fully vaccinated or who have passed through the disease can participate without a mask
Cultural, Artistic and Entertainment Events
Shows, such as concerts and festivals etc., both private or public are not permitted, except those which have been specially designated as performance and / or concert institutions.
Only those who have been fully vaccinated or who have passed through the disease are permitted access.
Courses, Workshops and Conferences
Are not permitted during the course of these restrictions.
Rallies & Demonstrations
Can take place wit up to 100 people, all of which are required to wear a protective mask and have completed the vaccination program or have passed through the disease.
Hotels, B&Bs and Tourist Accommodation
Accommodation can only be offered to those who have been fully vaccinated or are going through the disease.
Services can be carried out both inside or outside the place of workshop as long as each person is wearing a protective mask and that at least 2sqm of space is provided, per person.
All educational units, with the exception of nuseries will be closed. An additional vacation of 2 weeks is granted between October 25th and November 5th 2021. During this period, no in-person activities are permitted, including after-school activities.